In love with their land and proud of their roots, the chefs are the ambassadors of a land rich in quality, healthy and tasty products.
They can be found among the prestigious MICHELIN red guide, or in labels or distinctions that honor gastronomy in Haute-Loire.
Stars in the Michelin Guide
Among the most renowned tables in the world, Régis and Jacques Marcon, 3 stars in the Michelin guide, promote French gastronomy from the small village of Saint-Bonnet de Froid.
Not far from there, in Pont d'Alleyras, in the heart of the Allier gorges, the starred chef Philippe Brun has been at the helm of the hotel-restaurant "Le Haut-Allier" for 25 years. Today, he passes on all his know-how to his son Clément.
Another distinction from the famous red guide, the gourmet Bibs reward restaurants that offer 3-course menus with good value for money.
Who are these talented young chefs to discover in the 4 corners of Haute-Loire?
- In Puy-en-Velay, Michaël Ruat orchestrates a modern and inventive cuisine from his restaurantEmotion. In 2023, the restaurantHermitage, and its panoramic terrace over the city won the Bib Gourmand
- Le Bistro La Coulemelle, where it all began for chef Régis Marcon, who obtained his 3th star.
- Aurelien Vidal of the Vidal restaurant in Saint-Julien Chapteuil distinguished itself with the best pie in the world.
- Alexander and Charlotte Roy are keen to bring nature to the plate in their restaurant Lou pinatou.
- Passed by beautiful houses, Rémy Michelas brilliantly took over the restaurant Bourbon.
The Toques of Auvergne
The DNA of these restaurants in the heart of Auvergne: short circuits, the quality of local products and a close link with the producers who punctuate our countryside.
A label which rewards establishments of excellence, from the inn to the gastronomic table.
Homemade, terroir, short circuits are among the values of the master restorers.