- The European axis Lyon-Toulouse (RN 88) crosses the department from North-East to South.
Its upgrade to 2 x 2 lanes is in progress.
- The RN 102 at the exit of the A 75 and A 7 motorways
THEfree highway “la Méridienne” (A 75) provides access to the western gates of the Haute-Loire. Lafayette service area in Lorlanges (exit 21), information on Haute-Loire in season.
On the A 75
- Exit 18: Brassac-les-Mines / Sainte-Florine / Charbonnier-les-Mines
- Exit 19: Lempdes-sur-Allagnon
- Exit 20: Le Puy-en-Velay / Brioude / Sainte-Florine / Vergongheon
- Exit 21: parking area Lafayette-Lorlanges
Such. : 04 71 76 18 38
Petrol Gas stations Boutique / Autogrill
Accessible in both directions
- Exit 22: Le Puy-en-Velay / Brioude / Blesle / Espalem
From Lyon (A 7), take the RN 88 to Puy-en-Velay:
- 134 km of 2×2 lanes via Monistrol-sur-Loire, Yssingeaux, Le Puy-en-Velay
Many trains, including Paris-Nîmes and Paris-Béziers, serve Haute-Loire – TGV connections to Saint-Etienne and Lyon.
Le Puy-en-Velay / Loudes airport (10 minutes from the city center). Regular line with Paris (Orly Sud).
Frequency: twice a day (Monday to Friday).